The author hereby states that all perceived similarities between characters and people living or dead are either purely coincidental or a skewered nerve in your guilty conscience.

--Ilustrado, Miguel Syjuco

Saturday, October 27, 2012

No Time

"I'm so sorry. I'm busy tomorrow. Can we go next time?"

Without even waiting for an answer, you turned away from me and started skipping to wherever you had to go. You think that I won't mind you canceling another one of our movie nights. You think that everyone would consider just for you and that everything will go your way always. I hated that about you.

Friends are people who you can trust, who you can expect to be there for you. At least, that's what we believed in before you changed. What happened?

We used to be so happy together, talking on the phone almost every night and going to each other's houses until our mothers complained that we were spending more time with each other than our family.

But suddenly, something happened. You changed. You started having absolutely no time for me anymore. You started making up excuses that we both knew were ridiculous. Why? Have you gotten tired of me? Am I not enough for you anymore?

Honestly, I'm hurt, but I will no longer chase after you. I've had enough. As of today, you are but a faded shadow in my memory.

Goodbye.

--

Why do I keep writing about goodbye's? I guess it's a mystery to me too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment