The author hereby states that all perceived similarities between characters and people living or dead are either purely coincidental or a skewered nerve in your guilty conscience.

--Ilustrado, Miguel Syjuco

Friday, September 21, 2012

Breaking

The feeling of his soft fingers against my face still lingered and as I bring myself to remember how he looked and how he smiled that heartwarming smile I loved so much, my heart skips a beat.




At that moment, I was suddenly aware of the sounds of the crickets nearby and the gentle sounds of nature not too far away from where we were. Every small thing suddenly mattered and my mind wandered from my heavy bag to the ozone layer--anything to keep me from thinking about his hand and what it was doing, anything to keep me from fainting.

I vividly remember my cheeks heating up and the proximity of our faces, close enough for me to smell his wonderful scent but far enough for me to check once in a while if someone was spying.

But then he let go and stood up and my hand instinctively rose in confusion, but I put it back down before he noticed. Then he walked away, did not look back, and broke my heart with three simple words.

"See you tomorrow."

--
Word: Mercurial

Book: The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment